Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Womanly

I learned how to hem pants. This is a big deal. I felt very womanly. I liked it. I did. Yay.

See what I did there? 6,5,4,3,2,1. Only 2 and 1 were intentional. 


It's important for me to feel womanly in these types of ways because I am not married, and most assuredly not pregnant. When I see the daily engagement announcement on facebook, sure, I kinda want that to happen to me. And when I see cute pregnant bellies, sure, I kinda feel like I want one of those. But then I have really fun weekends filled with dance parties, and hot tubs, and flirting, and laughing and I think, "Bri, this is fun, stay here right now". And then I go to yoga and go for runs and think "Bri, you want a six pack right now, not a big belly". And of course, there is that part of my brain that is constantly thinking about trips, and traveling and what I can do next and where I can go next. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm really happy with where my life is at right now. I'm where I am supposed to be, and having a dang good time.

1 comment:

  1. You make me happy! Don't get married for a while yeah? Or get a prego belly for a few years at least. Who else am I going to try to convince to come galavanting around the world with me? Thats YOUR job!!

    ReplyDelete